Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A Great Story

So Tyson has been looking for another job because his job now is REALLY, well, not working with the hours and the pay and the work and the people, etc., but he hasn't been able to find a good job yet. Well, we can rent movies from our housing office and Tyson was taking them back today. When he returned them, he noticed they were putting in a new front counter and, being the woodworker that he is, he asked to look at it and was talking to the people about the all that stuff. Well, the conversation went on and it ended up with Tyson filling out an application and having an interview with the company today. 
Well, tonight, they called him up and asked if he wanted the job. So he to
ok it. It's what he loves to do, it pays a lot more than his job now, and it has
 way better hours (even if it is more hours, which is still a good thing too).He said it's going to be pretty intense work, but Tyson really likes to keep busy. He's going to usually get weekends now and since I'm going to try to work only mornings during the summer, we both might actually get to be together in the evenings! YAY! (that hasn't happened since 
we got here). And it's right behind the housing office, so he can just walk there every day, which is good cause my job is a 20 min drive away, so I can't really walk... well I could, but it would take me a really long time :)
So anyway, he starts May 2nd, the day after his last final. He'll be making counters and cabinets and stuff like that (I really don't know all the specifics yet). We really needed this and we have been blessed! We're pretty excited and we hope it works out. Yay. 

5 comments:

coryshay said...

Yay!! That is a great story!! Way to go Tyson! It makes such a difference when you enjoy your job-congratulations!

Lisa Hathaway said...

Yea!!! I'm so excited for you both!!! Kelly and I are trying to figure out our summer schedule and how that'll work with jobs etc. I don't know if we're ever going to see each other! But we'll see how it works out. Love you!

Jamilyn said...

Woooohooo! I am so happy for you!!!!! The Lord works in interesting ways, doesn't He? :) Aww, I am so glad it worked out well for you two. I was thinking that your schedule didn't sound too fun before... lol. Can't wait to see you guys again!

Eric and Kassi said...

Hi. My name is Kassi and I am a friend of Tyson's from Delta. I also hung out with him at Snow College before his mission. So I found your blog through other friends and I am so happy to hear that you guys are doing well. Tell Tyson Hello for me and have a great week!

Amanda Miller said...

That's awesome Chels! Tell Tyson congrats on his new job. It was so good to see you. Love ya both!