Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Honest Award

Rules for the Honest Scrap award -The honorees are to: A) First list 10 honest things about yourself - and make it interesting, even if you have to dig deep! B) Pass the award on to 7 bloggers.

1. I love car trips. I love to watch out the window at everything going by.  I used to like them more until I started traveling so much, but I still like them. 

2. I love nature. I love to be in nature, I love to look at it, I just love it. I love to hike. My favorite place is of course Stewart Falls, which is why Tyson proposed to me there. I love to camp and hike and go up the canyon to sit around a fire by the river. I could honestly watch a river flow for hours and never get bored. 

3. I hate water. Not really water itself, but the stuff that's in the water. I'm scared to go into rivers and oceans, really anything bigger than a puddle. I'm always afraid fish are going to bite me or I'll get a leech or something. And Jellyfish! people told me I was silly for being scared of jellyfish until Shayla came out of the water with a sting. Ya my fears are mostly irrational, but they're still there. 

4. People ask me what my favorite part about being a mom is, and my honest answer is having someone to take care of. I love it. That's probably why I loved my old job so much at Chrysalis. It's what I love to do (sometimes I need a break though, like every mom :)

5. I love classical music. I have about a billion classical songs on my ipod because of my music class at Snow and Shayla. Because of my class, I used to know the name, composer, movement, opus number, and key about a song. I got 100% on every test I took in that class. You can tell what a nerd I am because that class was for music majors, and I was in FCHD.

6. I love to dance. I took Ballet until I was about 11. Then I took irish dance, then ballroom and country swing (one of my absolute favorites). I miss all of them and wish I could still do them. If I could do it over again, I would have never stopped dancing. 

7. I like to try new things (new things that appeal to me). Like all the dance classes I took, played soccer and tee-ball/coach-pitch/softball, and I joined the swim team at Orem, I loved kickboxing aerobics, I was in a drama class at Snow, and I've always wanted to learn fencing. I learned to knit, crochet, tat, cross stitch and sew. I want to parasail, make pottery learn to draw or paint, and many other things. I've always loved to try new things and I was lucky enough to have parents that would let me. This is probably why I switched majors so many times. 

8. I love to read. That's nothing new but it's honest. I really get into the stories. I'm so glad that no one ever pressured me into being a fast reader. I really get caught up in the stories, and I love to really see the story instead of just the words. 

9. I love flowers. Some day I want a whole garden of flowers. All kinds of flowers, but especially daffodils, roses, snap dragons, and even little purple pansies touched with yellow-gold. Maybe that's what I'll do this summer- get some potted flowers (cause we can't plant anything). 

10. After a dog, a horse is my favorite animal. I love them and I want to ride them all the time. I want to have an old (fixed-up) house with a huge field where we can keep our horses and dogs. I guess we can have chickens too for Tyson.

2 comments:

Elaine Brown Billings said...

I love your list, and I love that you can express yourself and write so well. You always loved to do new things and you would work at it and work at it and work at it until you could do it. We have a video of you water skiing at Lake Powell when you were about 5 years old (I think). The older kids wouldn't even try it, but you did!! And you did it very well. You are definetly a keeper!!!! :)

wendy said...

I got woren out just reading your list. That is great that you get so excited about things and life. I stand in ah.