Friday, January 22, 2010

Babysitting Meltdown

So on Thursdays I tend our friends' twins and my cousin's baby in the afternoon. So far it's been really fun. The kids are actually really good but there is usually at least one big meltdown. 

The first day is was when I was trying to put Elsie (5 months, i think) down for a nap and the boys followed me crying the whole time. And that made Afton cry too. So Elsie woke up, I had to take the boys back, run put Elsie back down and when I opened the door, there were all three toddlers banging on the door crying. So I finally learned and tipped our chair over as a barrier so they still cried but I could finally Elsie down without them following me and waking her up. We have learned since and have been doing better :)

This time was because I went into the kitchen to make myself a sandwich. 
This was the result:




We are learning so each day gets better. 
It really is fun. I absolutely love it and besides a little meltdown each time, they get along really well. Even Elsie loves playing with the kids.

8 comments:

Elaine Brown Billings said...

That is hilarious! I love it.

Lisa Hathaway said...

Oh my gosh, that's the funniest thing I've seen all day. Still don't know how you do it. I would be bald. (you know - "pull my hair out" attitude and all?)

Amanda Miller said...

I can't believe you would do something like make a sandwich for yourself. How rude! ;-) You are amazing! Good luck!

Megan said...

Hahaha! That is so funny. I love that you grabbed your camera. I need to have you come help me load videos on my computer. You always have cute videos and I can't figure it out!

annette said...

Well your natural calm personality is definitly at work here. If I was there I would take one of those babies off your hands. You go girl!

Unknown said...

oh my! Would you stop being so selfish?? Eating has no priority with babies around! Lol

Shayla

Jamilyn said...

How funny... and loud... and ear-wrenching! :D Now that our internet is working at home again, I could watch the video. It wouldn't work at my job and they've also taken our internet away again. So, yeah. Anyway! How do you make the songs only 15 seconds long on iTunes? Also, I will send you that recipe for the cake roll. I'm not a huge fan of the angel food cake and I don't think Len is either cuz the cake is still in the fridge. :S I wanna try it with regular white or yellow cake. I think that would be yummier! :)

Jamilyn said...

Thanks! I'll have to try it out! But then I need to figure out how to actually transfer the songs from the iTunes to my phone. I've tried a few different ways and it just doesn't work! Any help there? lol