Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Fourf of July

We melted like a popsicle on the fourf of July...but it was sure fun. We went down to Oak City for the fourth. It was great and Afton had so much fun.

We went to the parade and Afton got to get some candy



Anya and Cody


Mason waiting for some candy


Enjoying the goodies


Afton won a Zebra at the duck pond


Then we went to the demolition derby that evening. It was soo fun. I don't know why it is so fun to watch cars smashing into each other with no mercy, but it is.

We only got to stay for a few heats, but it was worth it



Sunday we had a relaxing and fun day.
We had hoola hoop contests


Marissa and Valerie were the best

And this is my attempt



Then we had a Bocce Ball tournament.

In the end it came down to Marissa and her family. They were really good.


Picking Peas with Daddy

Then we did Fireworks, Afton was already asleep by this time.

We found the firework setting on my camera and decided to try it out
I thought it turned out pretty cool


Marissa and her sparkler


Derrick and Celeste with theirs

On our way home on Monday we stopped in Orem for some lunch and some great sprinkler time. I couldn't fins my camera but I got some great pictures on my moms camera. I hope she posts them soon ;)


It was a fantastic weekend and we had so much fun

7 comments:

Natchel said...

I bet baby didn't appreciate the hula hoop messing up his nap time! ;)

coryshay said...

Such a great weekend! It was good to see you yesterday and yay! we get to see you tomorrow too!

Elaine Brown Billings said...

Yeah for the "fourf of July" I was so glad you got to stop at our house on your way home. Cute pics!

Elaine Brown Billings said...

P.S. . . . . Rachel . . . that was funny!! I thought the same thing.

Jamilyn said...

I wanted to be there sooo bad! I missed everyone so much! Hopefully I will see most of you this weekend? ...for Tim's Wedding and/or Anya's Birthday Party. Our weekend was fun, minus dropping my phone in a river so I can't show our fishing trip pictures. Sad day! Anyway, love you guys! Hope to see you soon!

Elise said...

Happy fourth of July! I just found your blog through the Marretts and saw your exciting news! Congratulations! It looks like your having a great summer, we should have a neighborhood BBQ or something soon.

-Elise Van Orman

Amanda Miller said...

I am framing the picture of you hula-hooping. All your pictures so cute!