Sunday, December 5, 2010

Remembering Grandpa

The choir today sang Star Bright and I thought of Grandpa Brown through the whole thing. They sang a small section in Spanish and I remembered sitting around in the living room with someone at the piano and everyone singing Grandpa's favorite songs and I really missed it. One of my favorite songs.

3 comments:

coryshay said...

We have to sing that this year. It's not Christmas without Starbright!

Murlene Brown Watkins said...

I discovered Star Bright is in the Spanish Primary hymn book, so we were singing it with some missionaries today during interviews and I started to cry, as I always do! We are going to sing it in all four of our zone Christmas parties!

Elaine Brown Billings said...

I've never heard anyone else sing that song. It definitely is a Brown family favorite. I'm glad you wrote this to bring back such great memories (and tears, or course).