We had a great Weekend! We planned on going up to Orem to give my dad his birthday present (yes we were a week late) and we found out that it was summerfest and they were having a party for my cousin Rachel and her husband Nate and their boy Gabe that just moved to Utah!!! YAY!! So we had a full weekend.
First thing SAturday we went on a hike to Stewart Falls (where we got engaged). It took us 4 hours! Not only because we were carrying kids that wanted to stop often, but also because of all the fallen down trees we had to climb and the sheets of snow we had to move carefully across. But it was so fun and so worth it. I was a little sad though we couldn't sit and play in the water by the falls because of all the snow.
Playing in the Snow at the falls
Then we had our food and flood at Sylvia's before the summerfest parade. (It's like Oak City Days for Orem). We loved the parade!
Cousin Scott with Bailey
I can't tell you how much Afton loved this parade! She loved every second of it. She would wave at everyone and everything and scream "woooo!" and clap, even if there was no one there.
This was almost a nonstop pose for Afton. Standing on Grandma's lap waving to all the princesses on the floats
Then on Sunday after church we had a party (again at Sylvia's, she amazing) for Rachel, Nate and Emma. It was so good to see all of them! I'm so glad they are all finally in Utah. Emma is going to BYU and Nate is working in Murry so I think we'll get to see them a lot more often now! YAY!
It was a great weekend and we wish it could have been longer.


4 comments:
Looks like tons of fun!!! I love the waterfall. What a special place to go back to! Afton looks so cute and fun at the parade, too. She'll have her princess wave down in no time!
Great pics!
YaY! I'm so happy we could come on Sunday. Bummed we couldn't one Saturday but... oh well!
It was a wicked fun weekend!! They don't come any better than that!!
Post a Comment