Sunday, October 28, 2012

Hazel Bell Hathaway

We welcomed Hazel into our life on Friday October 26, 2012 at 1:33 pm. She measured 7 lbs 3 oz and 19.5 inches and we love every bit of her!




It was quite a rodeo. The short story is that I called the hospital that morning because I was spotting and cramping (never good when you're pregnant) and they told me to come in and get checked. When I got there they told me I was dilated to a 7! I couldn't believe it. So with a flurry, my doctor was called (who was just headed out of town), I got the epidural in and after a two hour wait, because the epidural slowed things down again, I got some pitosin and she came very shortly after. 

As for her name, Tyson and I fell in love with the name Hazel when we saw his Great Aunt Hazel at the Hathaway Christmas party when I was pregnant with Bailey, though we decided to stick with Bailey on that one. Bell is my Dad's Grandma's middle name. We found it while looking through our 9 -generation fan chart my dad gave us for Christmas last year. And when she was born the name fit her so well. 

We are all doing well and are glad to be home!



6 comments:

Lisa Hathaway said...

I can't wait to meet her!

Riki Lee said...

Congrats you guys! Glad all went so well.

Anna said...

She is adorable! Congratulations to all of you.

Hope Staves said...

congrats !!!

Brent and Chelise said...

Yay! Congratulations! She is adorable!

Amanda Miller said...

She is beautiful! Love her already!