Monday, June 30, 2008

Our Weekend

This past weekend we had a lot of fun at my parents house. We went so Tyson could help put the roof up over the deck. We went on Friday in time for Sylvia's birthday party. Then on saturday, the boys started on the roof at 7am and I got to stay in with the girls and do some projects. This was my very first real sewing project. I made a nursing cover and I really didn't know how incompetent I was at the sewing machine until I tried to use it:)  I don't have a good picture of it but this was the fabric. I was pretty proud of it :)

Anyway, my mom and dad brought back a gift for the baby from their cruise to Cabo San Lucas. Because we don't know what the baby is yet, they brought back a dress for a girl and a shirt for a boy :) 













Speaking of which, we get to find out the gender of the baby in about 5 weeks! It seems like a ways away but I think it will go by fast because of all the things going next month. This week is the fourth, of course, and then I'm going to stay in Oak City to help Jami and Valerie out with the upcoming wedding. Then the next day we're off to California...at least I hope, if everything goes well. Anyway, that next weekend is Jami's Wedding. Then the week after that is the Hathaway Reunion in Bear Lake. Then the week after that is about when we can find out the gender of the baby. I'm pretty excited!

Anyway, that's all for now. 
Peath

6 comments:

Amanda Miller said...

Hey nice job! We are going to have to do a craft weekend while I'm there! I need to be crafty too. I can't wait to find out what baby is going to be!

Lisa Hathaway said...

Good job on the nursing cover! Darn, I was going to get you one for your baby shower! Now what am I going to do!? Don't worry, I'll think of something ... And the baby outfits are really cute. And we get to play this week, cuz it's the 4th!

coryshay said...

good pic of your fabric...you can't see it on the pic on my blog. Sounds like a busy month!

coryshay said...

ps I couldn't figure out why you were being so rude to not return my texts...you lost your phone, turns out

Jamie said...

Your nursing cover looks so cute and that little boy shirt is the cutest thing I've ever seen!

coryshay said...

So, you have to get on my blog and click the link that says My half of the brain on craft projects, and there's a maternity skirt on there. You should do it...