Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Afton EllaVee Hathaway

So I'm a little slow about getting this on, but for one thing, I've been a bit busy, for another, we don't have the internet yet. Plus, this is all I have about her, and the pictures are from other people cause we didn't get ours onto the computer yet. So, Sorry but hopefully soon, there will be so many pictures and posts you'll get sick of them. 


If you're wondering where her name came from, here it is:
 I fell in love with the name Afton when I heard Nickel Creek's song, Sweet Afton. It's actually from a poem written by Robert Burns about a river in Scotland and I thought it was very pretty. EllaVee is Tyson's grandmother's name. Tyson's grandma didn't ever like her name but I think it's pretty. Anyway, if you want, here is a link to the poem. And if you get a chance, listen to the song, it's so pretty. 

Hopefully we will have pictures galore soon. 



14 comments:

Kristie said...

She is so adorable! Good Work! haha! I think her name is beautiful! Congrats!

Jared and Tiffany said...

hey, this is tiffaney skeem. I was friends with tyson in high school. I found your blog through kassi johnson. Your baby has to be one of the most beautiful newborn girls i have ever seen. I also like the name afton. tell tyson i said hi

Eric and Kassi said...

Congratulations on your new arrival! When was she born, how much did she weigh, did Tyson pass out during the delivery? You know all the good questions we are dying to know about.

Riki Lee said...

What a beautiful baby! And all that hair!

Jamilyn said...

I like the "pictures galore" idea! Can't wait to meet that sweet girl!!!!! Love you guys. Merry Christmas. See you soon!

Jamilyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jamilyn said...

P.S. I love her name. It fits her very well. I love that you used Grandma's name too. It works out great!

Jamilyn said...

Sorry! I'm rackin' up your comments! Pretend that there is only 6! 7 now, with this one! Ahhhhh! So sorry. The one that says it was deleted by the auther - yeah, that was me. I messed up one word and, you know, I'm a perfectionist! Anyway, OOPS!

annette said...

She is a beautiful baby and she has a beautiful name. We can't wait to see her in person. luv luv

wendy said...

I'm so glad things went so well for you and baby Afton. She is so pretty and I think she looks like you, so far in her long life. hehe. Hope you all had a merry Christmas as a new little family.

Brandi said...

She is the most beautiful baby! I can't believe the hair, but you already know that. I just wanted to tell you how I adore the name! Perfect.

coryshay said...

I really love that second picture! She's such a pretty little thing! And thanks for the link to the poem I've always wondered where the inspiration for the song came from. I sing the song everytime I think about her. So fun to see her for Christmas!

Margie Quilter said...

ok so you guys did well she is a doll!!!

Erica said...

Wow Congratulations!!! By the way I am a friend of Tyson's from high school, I met you at the reception. I'll have to get your email address and invite you to my blog. You sure have a beautiful baby girl!