Upfront I'm going to say I am in no way speaking for Bev Bos. In fact, one of my favorite part of Bev Bos is that she says that what she does isn't THE way to do things. There are many ways to do it but this is hers. SO, These aren't always going to be direct quotes, and sometimes it'll be my teachers opinions or maybe even my ideas. I'm just naming it after Bev Bos because it's the general ideas that I've read from her books or seen in her videos.
The first one is one of my favorites about Bev Bos. She actually did say this on her video:
If she opens a book to read to the kids and none of them comment on it, she closes it immediately and gets a new one. She says that the kids need to be excited about the book, and if you can't even read the words cause they're talking about it so much, that's great.
A lot of times the kids will ask questions or point things out and you should expound on that. Talk about what they're interested in, get them thinking. A book should excite the children and make them want to know more. If they don't, get another one.


2 comments:
good thinking bev! :D
Yay for WWBBD!!! I thought about this idea yesterday and I'm glad youre pursuing it because some days I feel like I can use all the help I can get!! Thanks for the bev-ism...keep em coming!!
Post a Comment