Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Lots of Family and Lots of Fun

The last couple of weeks have been full of family and fun. Derrick and Celeste were going to Hawaii with Celeste's Dad so we got to tend Maylee! She is adorable and an angel to tend. WE got to keep her for a whole week. And the we went up to Derrick and Celeste's in Meridian, ID where we had our pictures done by Erin D Photography. We haven't got the pictures back yet but I'm so excited for them.

During the week we had Maylee everything was going good until I got the flu. Then I gave it to Maylee and I felt so bad. She got over it, but when we went to Idaho, Tyson got it and then Celeste got it. We're just spreading the love. Luckily it was only a 24 hour thing.



It was so fun to feed Maylee because she eats like a champ and she makes the funniest faces. She wasn't too happy with the Ham and Ham gravy puree.

We stuffed the three girls in the back seat to go meet Derrick and Celeste when they got back from their trip.
It was a surprisingly pleasant 2 1/2 hour drive with all three girls.


We had so much fun in Idaho. Derrick and Celeste were so awesome to let us stay with them right after they got back from their big trip. They didn't even throw us out when we got them sick.

This was a usual sight in the back yard. Afton would take off her pants and socks and shoes and crawl through Titan's doggy door and just run wild. We are now seriously considering a doggy door just for Afton.


They have the funnest park by there house so we went there one day when it had stopped raining for a few minutes.




We tried Bailey out on the swings for the first time. She didn't hate it.

We just chilled, watched fun movies and played awesome games, made things out of sculpy clay, learned to play the Ukulele, had sock puppet shows, and ate cheesecake.



Then on the last day we tried to make floating lanterns like on Tangled (Afton's favorite by the way)Derrick and Celeste said they had done it with success before, but we weren't so lucky.

Attempt 1:
Ended up in flames


Attempt 2:
Lasted longer, ended up in flames

Conclusion:
Windy + Flamable = Fire Lanterns not Floating Lanterns

We had so much fun we didn't want to leave. But alas, the world doesn't just stop and wait for you to be ready.

Thanks Derrick and Celeste for letting us watch your wonderful Maylee and for a great week in Idaho.

6 comments:

Lisa Hathaway said...

Flu = yuck. I probably would have considered throwing you out after that. Probably wouldn't have really done it, but I would have considered it. Obviously Celeste is a better person than I am.

And those girls are the cutest ever! I'm glad you had such a good time.

Lisa Hathaway said...

Oh - and I vote yes for the doggy door. Perfect.

Celeste Louise said...

So fun! We are so glad you guys came and we are sad that you had to leave. =( Maybe one day we can make a working floating lantern....

ps. that cow outfit on bailey? adorable!

coryshay said...

Looks like fun! I love the fire lanterns! Sorry you were sick :(

Jamilyn said...

Awhh, so fun!! Minus the flu, of course. I love all the pics!

Megan said...

I saw one of those flying lanterns just this week! It was cool!